Published: Fri, October 13, 2017
Entertaiment | By Paul Elliott

Country star resumes tour after Vegas shooting

Country star resumes tour after Vegas shooting

He canceled shows in Los Angeles, San Diego and Anaheim, California, last week out of respect for the victims and to take time to mourn. "They Don't Know" led into "The Only Way I Know", which segued into "Johnny Cash".

The country star was back on stage 11 days after performing at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada, where a gunman opened fire from the hotel and injured more than 500 in attendance, killing at least 58.

Over the almost two weeks since the deadliest shooting in modern USA history, Jason has paid tribute to the 58 people who lost their lives by opening Saturday Night Live with the late Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down", and returned to Vegas to visit with some of the almost 500 who were injured.

He admitted he was unsure about how to play the first show back, since he wasn't sure how fans would react. He shared that their thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was there and he realizes that it will be a mental thing for people who were there.


There were more strong words to come from Jason, as he voiced his outrage over the violence that seems to threaten American life as we know it.

"These people are going to try and continue to do things to us to try and hold us down and be scared", he said defiantly. It's been a really tough thing to deal with for all of us up here.

"I want this not to be something that's going to be a downer for the rest of the night", Aldean told the audience in video of the concert posted on social media. But this time, it was if he realized he'd cleared a hurdle, having nearly made it through his first concert since the shooting.

He added: "I want to play this show for you guys that the people of Las Vegas came to see and didn't get a chance to". "You guys are going to help us get through this as much as we are going to help you guys".

Like this: