Published: Sun, March 18, 2018
Entertaiment | By Paul Elliott

The Roots SXSW Performance Cancelled Due To Bomb Threat, Police Arrest Suspect

The Roots SXSW Performance Cancelled Due To Bomb Threat, Police Arrest Suspect

"Due to a security concern, we have made the hard decision to cancel tonight's Bud Light x The Roots SXSW Jam", show sponsor Bud Light/Anheuser-Busch said in a statement, per Variety.

Later Saturday, police were able to identify the suspect, pictured above, and obtained a warrant for his arrest shortly after 11 p.m. CT.

Police said they received a report of a bomb threat from a Live Nation Music representative who had been warned of the alleged plot in an email.

This year's "Bud Light x The Roots & Friends SXSW Jam" was set to feature rapper Ludacris, funk band Tank and the Bangas, indie rockers Moon Taxi and emcee Rapsody, among others.

The group's drummer Questlove cited "a severe emergency" in since-deleted tweets about the cancellation, while organisers have confirmed that there was a "security concern".


"Welp. It's 2018. Show cancelled". Austin Police proceeded to clear and search the area, ultimately concluding that "no threat was found", but the concert's sponsor, Bud Light, still cancelled the gig as a safety precaution.

Police also released Ingram's booking photo.

The cancellation of the show on the final night of the South By Southwest Festival comes at a time of heightened concern in the city following three deadly package bombs - two on Monday - that have exploded in East Austin this month, killing two people and seriously injuring a third. "They'll make official announcement but I'd rather save ya'll the trouble of waiting in life".

Bud Light didn't notify the public until after 9 p.m. CT, at which point a large crowd was lined up outside Fair Market.

Like this: