Published: Wed, April 25, 2018
Entertaiment | By Paul Elliott

Akshay Kumar's Kesari Sets Gutted In Fire: Akshay and Parineeti Chopra Safe!

Akshay Kumar's Kesari Sets Gutted In Fire: Akshay and Parineeti Chopra Safe!

According to sources, the film was in its final stages and they were shooting the battle scene that included bomb explosions in some scenes.

The Gold actor had already shot for a war scene today and soon after he left, the whole set turned into ashes. As per the recent reports, there was a blast on the sets of the film. Though everyone was rescued on time and there were no casualties, the entire set was destroyed. No one from the cast or crew was injured. The mishap occurred just 10 days before the team was about to wrap the film's schedule after shooting the climax.

It is learned that while Akshay Kumar returned to Mumbai after completing some portions of the movie, Parineeti Chopra is in Australia on a vacation. "The team is to shoot for ten more days", said a source.


Also starring Parineeti Chopra, Kesari is a war drama inspired by the Battle of Saragarhi of 1897, where an army of 21 Sikhs fought against 10,000 Afghans.

The set of Kesari has been destroyed due to a severe blast.

The fire was brought under control and fortunately no one was hurt, a Satara Police control roolm official told PTI. The flick which is jointly produced by Cape of Good Films, Dharma Productions and Azure Entertainment will hit the silver screens next year. The shooting for the film is taking place at Pimpode Budruk village in Wai tehsil, around 30 km from Satara. While there may be a slight disturbance in schedule, the film is expected to release in 2019.

Like this: