Published: Mon, September 17, 2018
Finance | By Loren Pratt

Elon Musk sued by British diver he accused of being a pedophile

Elon Musk sued by British diver he accused of being a pedophile

"Elon Musk falsely accused Vernon Unsworth of being guilty of heinous crimes", L. Lin Wood, one of the attorneys for Unsworth, said in an emailed statement.

The suit filed in Los Angeles federal court seeks more than $75,000 (£57,000) in damages and a court order stopping Mr Musk from making further allegations.

Musk called Unsworth a "pedo" after Unsworth criticised Musk in a television interview.

Vernon Unsworth says he was the first foreign diver to arrive in Thailand to help rescue the 12 boys trapped in the cave with their soccer coach. Unsworth called Musk's efforts a "PR stunt" to which Musk responded that Unsworth was a "pedo man" - without any evidence to back up the serious claim.

The 47-year-old billionaire who earlier this month faced investor ire over smoking marijuana on a live web show, has indicated in the past that Tesla's customers may face a longer response time because of a significant increase in vehicle delivery volume in North America.


Musk also tweeted on Sunday that Tesla would bring most collision repairs in-house, saying owners were experiencing excessive wait times at body shops.

But on 28 August, Mr Musk tweeted again, writing: 'You don't think it's unusual he hasn't sued me?

Musk said last week, the company would eliminate some color options for its electric cars to streamline production.

Then in a second email to BuzzFeed, he reportedly accused Mr Unsworth of being a liar and said he was not on the cave dive team. Mr. Unsworth has never engaged in an act of pedophilia. He first started going to Thailand in 2011, where he explored and mapped caves, the documents stated. "Harper, Mr. Volanthen, and Mr. Stanton put together the dive portion of the rescue plan that ultimately saved the boys", the lawsuit stated. "Musk's influence and wealth can not convert his lies into truth or protect him from accountability for his wrongdoing in a court of law", his lawyer Lin Wood, wrote in a statement emailed to ABC News.

Like this: