Published: Mon, September 24, 2018
Worldwide | By Isabel Fisher

Iranian accusations on terror attack: Here’s what UAE says

Iranian accusations on terror attack: Here’s what UAE says

He added: "The small puppet countries in the region are backed by America, and the United States is provoking them and giving them the necessary capabilities".

'We are Muslims, they are kafirs (non-believers),' the man says.

Iran summoned diplomats from Britain, Denmark and the Netherlands yesterday for allegedly harbouring "members of the terrorist group" that launched the attack.

"Our people will resist and the government has prepared itself for this confrontation", he said, adding that everyone will "join hands to put these hard times behind us with the grace of God". It was the deadliest such attack in Iran in almost a decade. Representatives from nearly 200 countries convene to discuss the most important political and policy issues affecting the world today.

The gunmen were trained by two Gulf Arab states and had ties to the United States and Israel, according to Shekarchi.

U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley had previously announced that Trump would chair a "special session" of the Security Council on Wednesday to address "Iran's violations of worldwide law" and to encourage crippling punishments.

"You've got a lot of rhetoric coming from Rouhani". "Wherever it happens terrorism must be condemned", he wrote. We've always stood by that.

Nikki Haley said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani had "oppressed his people for a long time".

Rouhani's comments blaming the United States came as Iran's Foreign Ministry summoned diplomats from Britain, Denmark and the Netherlands over them allegedly providing havens for the separatists. "The behavior and the objectives of the regime are not going to change, and therefore, the only solution is to change the regime itself". Instead he suggested that the offer can not not be considered in good faith while the US insists on new crippling sanctions against Iran.

"We won't wait for the battle to be in Saudi Arabia", he said.

"We stand with the Iranian people against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism and express our sympathy to them at this bad time", State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said.

The parade in the southwestern city was being held to mark the anniversary of the start of the eight-year war with Saddam Hussein's Iraq in 1980.

Military forces and citizens who had gathered to watch the parade were among the killed, the report said.

State TV hours later reported that all four gunmen had been killed, with three dying during the attack and one later succumbing to his wounds at a hospital.


Khuzestan, which has a large ethnic Sunni Arab community, was a major battleground of the 1980s war with Iraq and it saw unrest in 2005 and 2011, but has since been largely quiet. At least half a million soldiers died during the war.

On September 23, Iran's Foreign Ministry summoned the charge d'affaires of the United Arab Emirates, a close Saudi ally, over "irresponsible and disdainful" comments made by a government adviser who reportedly said that attacking a military target can not be considered a terrorist attack.

Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards vowed to exact "deadly and unforgettable" vengeance for the attack with Tehran still accusing Gulf Arab states of backing the gunmen.

"The individuals who fired at the people and the armed forces during the parade are connected to the al-Ahvaziya group, which is fed by Saudi Arabia", Sharif said. "Mr. Rouhani can also use this global tribune for criticizing Trump's policies".

Isis wrongly suggested the Iranian president was speaking at the parade. Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates say that Iran poses a security threat to the Middle East and tries to dominate the region. The death toll is expected to increase, as numerous wounded are in critical condition. "The fact that they are angry at our missiles shows that these are the most influential weapons Iran has".

Tehran has, meanwhile, openly blamed the USA and its allies in the Middle East for backing the attackers.

President Hassan Rouhani ordered Iran's Intelligence Ministry to immediately investigate the attack.

The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corp has been the sword and shield of Shi'ite clerical rule in Iran since its 1979 Islamic Revolution.

According to IRNA, Ghasemi said it is unacceptable that members of a terrorist group be allowed in those countries and not be included on the European Union's terror list only because they have not committed crimes on European soil. Two of the attackers were killed and two were arrested, the deputy governor said.

The region's Arab separatists, once only known for nighttime attacks on unguarded oil pipelines, claimed responsibility.

Neither group provided evidence to show they were involved.

But the organisation said later on its website that the organization and its military wing do not assume responsibility for the attack on the military parade.

General Ramadan Sharif told the semi-official Iranian Students' News Agency the attackers were from the separatist Ahvaz Movement, which seeks to establish an independent Arab state in Khuzestan province, where the attack took place.

Like this: