Published: Mon, November 05, 2018
Entertaiment | By Paul Elliott

Mac Miller Died of Fentanyl, Cocaine Overdose

Mac Miller Died of Fentanyl, Cocaine Overdose

United States rapper Mac Miller died as a result of an accidental overdose involving cocaine, fentanyl and alcohol, a coroner has concluded.

Mac Miller's death has been ruled an accidental overdose.

According to the report (via TMZ), Mac's assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a "praying position", kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees. Someone in the home called 911 on Friday around noon and the call came in as a "cardiac arrest", as it seems that the person who found him didn't realize that he was already dead. An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand, and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom. A $20 bill was found in his right pocket, rolled up with a "white powdery residue" on it. Miller, whose real name was Malcolm McCormick, was from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. An unnamed insider told People "this is such a shock".


Fentanyl, a powerful painkiller that tends to be cheaper and more potent than heroin, has played a major part in the USA's opioid crisis.

More than 71,500 Americans have died of a drug overdose in 2017, according to data released the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It has taken the life of numerous stars, including Prince and Tom Petty.

Like this: