Published: Tue, May 14, 2019
IT | By Lester Massey

Criminal charges dropped against MMA star Conor McGregor

Criminal charges dropped against MMA star Conor McGregor

Prosecutors said charges were dropped because Abdirzak had stopped cooperating, according to the Miami Herald. Prosecutor Khalil Madani announced in court that the victim recanted his story.

All felony charges were dropped and McGregor avoided a criminal record.

"I think this was the appropriate resolution of this case", said Sam Rabin, McGregor's defense attorney.

The Dubliner was arrested on March 11th, after a fan tried to take a picture of him on Miami Beach. McGregor was initially released on $12,500 bond and is scheduled to return to court for an arraignment on April 10.

The phone fell on the ground and McGregor stomped on it repeatedly, the suit said. McGregor then pocketed the phone and left in a chauffeured SUV.

Adbirzak filed a civil lawsuit against McGregor shortly after the criminal case was opened, but dropped it early this past month.


That led to charges of "robbery by sudden snatching".

Shortly after the settlement was reached, Abdirzak's attorney wrote to the prosecutor to say the victim "had been made whole" by McGregor.

Madani concluded that Abdirzak "has credibility issues as he's changed his previously sworn testimony".

McGregor is a former two-division Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder who famously lost to boxing legend Floyd Mayweather in 2017.

This isn't McGregor's first run-in with the law, as he was arrested in NY back in April of 2018 after he attacked a bus with rival fighters on board.

Like this: