Published: Wed, June 12, 2019
Worldwide | By Isabel Fisher

Fourth American dies on vacation at Dominican Republic resort

Fourth American dies on vacation at Dominican Republic resort

Robert "Bob" Bell Wallace, 67, of Modesto, and who grew up in Redwood City, became sick nearly immediately after he had a scotch from the room minibar at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino resort in Punta Cana in April, his niece, Chloe Arnold, told Fox News on Sunday.

Robert Bell Wallace, 67, died at the resort after having a single whiskey from his room's mini bar in April.

Thirty members of the family took off for the Dominican Republic to be in place for Tickenoff's wedding on April 14. Arnold also reiterates that her uncle, an avid traveler, had been in good health before his sudden death.

Holmes, 63, and Day, 49, were found on May 30 by an employee of the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana who went to their room after they failed to check out, according to reports.

Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, from Pennsylvania, died on May 25 after she had a drink from her minibar at the Bahia Principe La Romana. Some said they would no longer be going to the Dominican Republic in light of so many fatalities. "Out of respect for the privacy of her family, we have no further comment at this time".

The family of a California man claims their loved one died after consuming a drink from a mini bar at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic.

"We didn't find out until the next morning that he had passed, which is another weird thing", Tommy Tickenhoff, Wallace's son-in-law, told KTLA sister station KTXL in Sacramento on Monday. "We don't want this to happen to anyone else".

Worryingly for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, over 45 of these guests noted that they had been guests at this particular resort. Both reportedly died of heart attacks.

The FBI is now investigating the recent outbreaks.


"We have so many questions", niece Chloe Arnold told Fox.

"It was kind of really a quick turn of events after that that ended in his death", Tickenoff said.

The deaths made headlines and first put the spotlight on what now appears to be a yearlong pattern.

She said that her son, who was a veteran, "was healthy".

It is not clear if a second autopsy will be performed on Day and Holmes.

Last week, a Colorado couple who stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe Hotel alleged that they had become violently ill after being exposed to what they suspect were insecticides through the air conditioning system.

As a result of the erroneous information that has been published, with which we do not agree, Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts has suffered great damage to its image and reputation.

According to a lawsuit filed by the couple, their room smelled of chemicals.

Like this: