Published: Thu, July 11, 2019
Entertaiment | By Paul Elliott

Buckingham Palace intruder FOILED in Queen attack plan

Buckingham Palace intruder FOILED in Queen attack plan

Police said late Wednesday night that the 22-year-old man was arrested earlier that morning by specialist royal police officers.

Her Majesty The Queen was in residence at the time as she had just returned from a visit to Cambridge.

Buckingham Palace confirmed there was an intruder and that the Queen was notified of the incident.

At their lowest point the gates are several metres high.

"He remains in custody at a central London police station".

In a 1993 BBC interview, Fagan highlighted the lack of security saying: "I don't know how the hell I found her [the Queen]".

The 64-year-old double-bassist accepted the award in person at a special audience with the Queen.

Steven Lawlor entered the protected royal site on July 16 and broke poster boards and glass cabinets fixed to metal railings to use as bedding, Westminster Magistrates' Court heard the following month.

A royal source alleged that the intruder was trying to replicate Michael Fagan, who cunningly broke into the monarch's bedroom 37 years ago.

"The man was able to scale the very large metal fences outside the palace".

The Queen was said to be sleeping as the security breach took place around 2.00 am.

A second man was arrested outside the palace for conspiracy to commit burglary.

They also added that the situation isn't being treated as terrorist-related.

Buckingham Palace is yet to comment on the matter.

It was nearly 37 years to the day from when Michael Fagan broke into Buckingham Palace and made it into The Queen's bedroom in 1982.

"I am grateful for their apology and look forward to a safe walk in the garden in the future".

In 2013, a man was arrested for burglary, trespass and criminal damage when he was caught in one the Palace's state rooms after scaling a 12ft fence, The Telegraph reports.

The Queen pushed the panic button next to her bed but received no response, and was forced to call the palace switchboard but the operator thought it was a practical joke.

The Queen was rescued when she was spotted by butler Paul Whybrew who was returning from walking the corgis.

Like this: